Monday, September 10, 2012

Where I've Been

I cannot believe it's been nine months since I blogged.  Life has been very crazy around here.  We have had serious health problems.  Katie is still struggling with Hashimotos Disease and Adrenal Insufficiency.  Josh has been battling intracranial hypertension/pseudotumor cerebri. He has had 13 lumbar punctures (ouch) and two surgeries, with another surgery on the horizon.  We are praying for his complete healing.  God's time is not our time, so meanwhile we trust in him.

This has been a time of difficulty for us.  Friends have rejected us because we haven't had time for them.  Family has rejected us because they don't understand what we are going through.  But, God is good!  Long time friendships have been renewed and we have grown closer to the Lord because we realize how much we are lost without him.  Some family relationships have been made stronger because of the worry and concern over Josh.

We were able to travel to see family back east this summer.  It was hard because Josh was on 10 days post-op so he was in quite a bit of pain.  He toughed it out so we could celebrate my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary with them.  What a wonderful time that was.  They are such an example of a respectful, loving marriage.

On the way home, we stopped in Kentucky at the Creation Museum.  I think I could have spent three days there, but alas, we only had one.  I highly recommend it to any of you who are near there.  Here a a few pictures of the museum.




Hopefully I will be able to blog more often.  I have missed it. 

No comments: