Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Psalm 121

I have been studying the Psalms of Ascent.  Today I worked on Psalm 121.  What an incredible piece of God's word.  All eight verses touch my heart deeply. but verse five especially spoke to me. "The Lord protects you; the Lord is a shelter right by your side." (HCS)  This is it from the Hans-Joachim Kraus commentary:  "Yahweh is your keeper, Yahweh is your shade above your right hand!"


God is my protector.  He is my keeper.  He guards my life.  God is the caretaker of his people.  He formed us with his own hands.  He tends to us and watches over us.  He doesn't leave the job of caring for us in anyone else's hands.  God doesn't take his eyes off us .  We need to remember this as we keep our eyes on him.  Our God is the maker of heaven and earth.  Surely he can keep us safe in the palm of his hand.

No comments: