Saturday, October 10, 2009

Knitting




I'm trying to teach myself to knit. I've been crocheting since I was a child, but knitting has always intimidated me. So, I decided to go for it. I went to Walmart and bought myself one of those "I can't believe I'm knitting" magazines and got started. The illustrations confused me but I kept trying. Soon I had made a very small square. Then another one. Then another one. I made several practice squares before I was confident enough to try something bigger. I moved on to a scarf. I messed up the first one pretty badly, so T has a slightly crooked doll blanket for her dolly. I moved on to another scarf and this time I was more careful with my stitches. As of right now, I have finished two scarves and I am almost done with a third. Now, if I could only learn more than one stitch!

No comments: