Sunday, April 20, 2014

He is Risen!

I haven't blogged for so long!  My life have been absolutely nuts, but probably so has everyone else's.     I want to get back into blogging, but we'll see;-)
  I have had the most amazing Easter Sunday.  This morning while I was reading the scriptures, I noticed that in Mark's gospel, the angel told the women to go tell the disciples and Peter that Jesus would be coming to them.  As many times as I have read this, I never noticed the "and Peter" part.  God must have known that Peter was feeling lower than a snakes belly and he needed that extra word from God.  He had denied Jesus three times!  So have I.  Peter ran away when times got tough!  So have I.  Peter lived by fear and not by faith.  So have I!!!
  Sometimes, I need that extra word from God.  I need to know that I am not unforgivable.  I need to know that I still matter to the one who matters most.  What comfort I receive from knowing that Jesus has indeed risen and he wants me to know that I am included in His future.

No comments: