Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring

We have had the strangest winter!  We don't usually get a lot of cold days; our nights are freezing, but the days are almost always nice.  We had about five days in February that were the coldest I can ever remember around here.  Most of our town was without water for a couple of days and just about everyone we know had busted water pipes, us included.  Getting a plumber out here was just about impossible because of the high demand, so we learned a lot.  My boys would say we "hick fixed" the pipes, but I don't care what they call it.  I was never so grateful for water!  Boiling water on the stove (thank the Lord, we still has gas; a lot of people lost their gas, too) got old very quick.  We are so spoiled by our modern conveniences!  I have always said that I was born in the wrong century.  Now I think know maybe God knew what he was doing.


Anyway, because our winters are so mild, I don't really notice when spring comes around, but this year I did.  Spring weather doesn't last long around here.  It gets brutally hot way before we're ready for it, so I will do my best to enjoy the pleasant days while we have them.

No comments: