Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lonely, but not alone

When will Christians begin behaving like Christians?  What a disappointment to the Father we must be at times.  Believers tear each other down instead of building each other up.  This ought not to be! 


Why do fellow Christians look at me like I've lost my mind, when I speak of my love for Christ?  I cannot compartmentalize my Christian walk from the rest of my life; they are one and the same!  When I am serving my family, I am doing it because I love Jesus.  When I am exercising, I am attempting to take care of this body the Lord has given me.  When I am singing, I can't help but sing songs to Him.  When I am studying his Word, I am desperately trying to feed this hunger that resides so deeply in me that I have to be filled.  


So, I am sometimes lonely.  Aside from my family, I only have a few friends who really understand this need I have to spend time with my Lord.  Could you imagine if all the Christians developed a hunger for the things of God?  Can you imagine what life would be like if all the Christians stopped nit-picking at each other and truly lived the lives God intends them to live?  


Today I can't.  But I have hope!  My God is able to do way beyond whatever I can ask or even imagine.  God will have to act before the church/God's people become really effective and relevant again.  Lord, send revival!

No comments: