Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Old Fashioned Homemaking

Exactly what is it about old-fashioned homemaking that makes some women feel like kids in a candy shop and makes others feel like they're losing their minds?
We (me included) have so many time-saving gadgets that are supposed to make our lives easier, but do they really?  Are you saving any time with your gadgets?  We may save a few minutes here or there, but instead of looking for ways to make our tasks easier and quicker, maybe we need to ask God to change our hearts so that we enjoy serving our husbands and children.  A pleasant attitude can make most tasks, whether enjoyable or not, much easier to do.  

I would much rather be thankful for the blessings God has given me than to be bitter about the work I must do.  I am thankful my hands work and I can do the things that need to be done. I am thankful that my eyes can see the mess that needs cleaned up.  I am increasingly thankful for the feeling of satisfaction that the Lord puts in my heart when I have done something to serve my family.

No comments: