Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spiritual Schitzophrenia

Why does the world laugh at Christians?  I'm convinced it's because we don't live out our lives as Christians.  If we truly lived what we say we believe, this world would be turned upside down!


We say the Bible is the word of God and the most important book ever in existence.  Then we let it sit on a shelf collecting dust.


We say that our true home is in heaven but we are attached to earthly things as if we were super-glued to them.


We say we are led by and filled with the Holy Spirit, then we live for the world, the flesh, and the devil.


We speak out against everybody's sin, then we try to justify our own sins.


We tell ourselves that our salvation is by God's grace, then we work like crazy to be worthy of it.


We say that worship is important, but we're thinking about the pot roast in the oven.  


We say the Bible is 100% without error, then we pick and choose the verses that pertain to us.


We say that God knows and sees everything, yet we have "secret" sins.


We say that God is sovereign but we act like he needs us.  He loves us, but he doesn't need us.


We praise God on Sunday morning, then live like the devil the rest of the week.


We say that "it's all about God" then live self-seeking, selfish lives.


We believe there is a judgement to come, yet we sin daily.


   I am as guilty of these things as the next person.  It breaks my heart to see what a hypocrite I am sometimes.  I am praying that I will be more pleasing to God as I seek to live for him.  I don't want to be a spiritual schitzophrenic!  I want my life to honor Jesus.  I want him to own my heart.  

No comments: