Thursday, March 4, 2010

Homemade Cream Soup Mix

A lot of recipes call for canned cream soup.  These can get pretty expensive after a while but as a casserole lover, I thought I had no choice.  I didn't want to make cream soup from scratch every time I needed a can for a recipe, but I also didn't want to take an economical casserole dish and jack up the price with expensive cream soup.  After looking around the internet for different recipes, this is the one I liked the best.  




Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, 2006-08-20 16:03 by


Ingredients: 
1/2 cup powdered chicken bouillon
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/8 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 teaspoon parsley

1/4 teaspoon paprika

3/4 cup flour

Mix dry ingredients and keep in an airtight container.  When you are ready to use it, use about 1/4 cup or mixture and 1 1/2 cups of milk.  Just stir it together and add to your recipe.   You can also heat it until it thickens if you want.  



No comments: